INFORMATION WE COLLECT
GDN Studios collects personally identifiable information which is specifically and voluntarily provided by visitors to the Site (Information you provide to us), information collected by cookies or third-party analytics tools with personal information maintained by GDN Studios (Information we collect automatically).
Information You Provide to Us
- Contact and registration information: such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, Company, Job Title, username, and password.
- Information about you or your friends and family: We may collect Information you submit about other people. For example, you might submit Information to invite a friend to participate in an offering, make recommendations, or share content. By processing these requests, we may receive the other person’s Information such as demographic or biographical information, gender, interests, photos, videos, or any other information about you that you provide to us, including information about friends, contacts or referrals.
- Transaction information: payment information such as your credit/debit card details, purchase history, delivery address and other information related to your transaction.
- Survey information: We may carry out surveys and panel discussions, which may request that you voluntarily provide additional information.
- Customer care, technical support and other feedback: questions and other messages you address to us directly through online forms and social media platforms. If you contact us by phone, we may record the conversation and/or keep a summary of the call.
- Other information you provide: any other information that you provide to us including, posts, date of birth, content, photos, booking times or biometric identifiers such as facial scans or fingerprints.
By providing this information you agree to be contacted by GDN Studios.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Device Information: including your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, platform type, device types, and device IDs such as unique identifiers, or advertising identifiers.
- Usage Information: including files you download, domain names, landing pages, your browsing activity, what you click, scrolling and keystroke activity, pages viewed, advertising viewed or visited, forms or fields you complete or partially complete, search terms, whether you open an email and your interaction with the content, access times, and error logs, and other similar information.
- Location Information: including the city, state and ZIP code associated with your IP address, information derived through Wi-Fi triangulation, and precise location information from GPS-based functionality on your mobile devices or from your use of our Mobile Apps, and with your consent, your precise GPS information.
- Viewing Behavior:including the content you view, how long you watch each video, the quality of the service you receive (e.g. buffering, load times) as well as advertisements you have been shown or interacted with.
- Offline Information: Certain information may also be stored while you are offline and transmitted to us when you next connect to the Internet, regardless of where you connect from or the device you use to connect.
- Social Media Information: if you visit Our website on a device on which you also use social networks or if you interact with us through a social media service or other platform, we may have access to some information you provide to that social network or platform such as your name, email address, friend list, photo, age, gender, location, birthday, social networking ID, current city, and the people/sites you follow, the posts or the ‘likes’ you make.
GDN Studios’ intention is not to seek or collect “Sensitive Personal Data” through the Site. “Sensitive Personal Data” means personal data concerning racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, or concerning physical or mental health, sex life or criminal record. If a visitor believes the Site has collected excessive information, we encourage the visitor to contact us at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng to raise any concerns.
HOW WE USE INFORMATION COLLECTED
When a visitor provides personal information to us, we use it for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the point of collection (or as obvious from the context of collection). Examples of the types of use are given in the ‘Information We Collect’ section above.
GDN Studios will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your express written permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to contact you about GDN Studios’ business, services and events or to send you promotional information about GDN Studios. You may opt-out of the above at any time by sending us an email at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng. GDN Studios may also use you information in order to administer and manage the Site or communicate with you about the Site. Your personal information will never be shared with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing use.
Protecting Your Information
GDN Studios is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. However, you should be aware that, due to the open and unsecured character of the Internet, GDN Studios cannot be responsible for the security of transmissions of your personal data over the Internet.
Cookies are small pieces of data that a website sends to your computer’s web browser while you are navigating through it. Once you agree to a cookie, the data is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to visitor/customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any personally identifiable information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
If you are concerned about cookies, most web browsers allow individuals to decline cookies. In most cases, you may refuse or delete one or more cookies and still have access to our website, but site functionality may be impaired. After you finish browsing our website, you may delete site cookies from your system if you prefer.
GDN Studios operates internationally, and many of our computer systems are currently based in Nigeria, this means Information we collect will be processed by us in Nigeria where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. Personal data collected by GDN Studios may be transferred or disclosed to third party contractors, subcontractors, subsidiaries and/or other GDN Studios service providers for the purposes for which the visitor has submitted the information and for the administration of our system or site and/or other internal, administrative purposes. Personal data may also be transferred to third party service providers of identity management, website hosting and management, data analysis, data backup, security and storage services. As a result, personal data may be transferred outside the country where the visitor is located. By submitting data on GDN Studios’ website, the visitor is providing explicit consent to the transfer of such data for the fulfillment of his or her voluntary requests or otherwise as set out in the ‘How We Use Information Collected’ section. If you use or visit our Sites from outside Nigeria, you consent to the collection and/or processing in Nigeria of Information we collect from you.
The personal data you submit to GDN Studios will only be retained for as long as is required for the purposes for which it was collected. Contact information about visitors such as mailing list information is kept until a user chooses to opt-out of a certain communication or requests that we delete that information.
Should visitors later choose to opt-out from mailing lists or any registrations, visitors may do so by emailing the email address provided at the bottom of the applicable email or by contacting us at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng.
Where granted by local law, you may have the right to request access to the personal data that we have collected about you for the purposes of reviewing, modifying or requesting deletion of the data. You may also have the right to request a copy of the personal data that we have collected about you. In certain circumstances, you may also request that we cease processing your personal data.
If you would like to make a request to access, review or correct the personal data we have collected about you, please contact us at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng. GDN Studios is committed to providing reasonable and practical access to visitors to allow them the opportunity to identify and correct any inaccuracies. When requested and practical, GDN Studios will delete identifying information from current operational systems. GDN Studios does not assume responsibility for verifying the ongoing accuracy of the content of personal information.
GDN Studios understands the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. This website is not designed for or directed at children 13 years of age or younger, and GDN Studios does not intentionally collect or maintain personal data about anyone 13 years of age or younger. If you are a parent or guardian and you learn that your Child/Children have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a Child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies, please send us an email at privacy[at]gdnstudios.ng.